Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Shower Inspiration

Don't worry, there's no baby shower for me anytime in the near future--the shower I'm referring to is for my sister! She's due in late July. My mom and I want to host a shower at my mom's house on the Coast in mid-to-late spring, and I've already started looking for inspiration because now that wedding and bachelorette party planning are over, there is a party planning void in my life. And with my mom taking care of the food and things, I can be in charge of all the cute decorations. Instead of bookmarking my ideas, I'll blog them.

First, I was thinking we could reuse some of the items left over from my wedding, like these Martha Stewart eyelet paper lanterns.


Image via
I was cleaning out our storage space (aka, a giant hole in the wall in the back of my closet) this weekend, and we still have all six in great condition. If we find out the baby is a boy I would love to reuse the blue chalkboard we wrote the menu on for the wedding, but we'll just have to wait and see! (Speaking of reusing party decorations, I just looked at a leftover bag of peni confetti for our Charleston bachelorette bash and tainted my sweet baby shower mind, so I shall taint yours too. But I digress.)


Second, the shower must have favor bags that are related to these, made by Kelsey at Minted Life. They're just little blue bags, stickers, tiny clothes pins and a thank-you stamp.

Image via

Her inspiration came from these cute favor bags, so it's obvious they can be easily personalized. They seem easy enough for me to make too, which is a huge plus.

Image via
The other baby shower idea my mom and I both love is asking guests to bring a favorite childhood book in lieu of a card, and write a note on the inside. That way the baby gets a nice little library full of sweet notes and is sure to grow up to be a genius. I would bring Wynken, Blynken and Nod or Goodnight Moon, off the top of my head. I also remember  liking Pinky in Persia but it was really creepy.


Nurse A says his favorite children's book was about a boy who invented a bubble machine, but Google can't seem to do much with that. Do you have any idea what it is? What book would you bring? And have you been to any awesome baby showers lately?

3 comments:

  1. ahh those little thank you bags are too cute!! I'm also a huge fan of Goodnight Moon. And also a cute little book called "Go Dog, Go!" I have no clue on the bubble boy book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the idea of the books with a note written inside, totally bookmarking that! I love almost everything Dr Seuss (especially The Lorax and The Sneetches), but Rainbow Fish and Stellaluna are two of my favorites.

    It's been a long time since I've been to a baby shower, but it sounds like you have some awesome plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete