Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thesising and Feasting

I have been very bad at blogging lately, friends. But I have a good reason: I've been copy editing for the hubs, who defended his master's thesis yesterday!


This was actually taken when Andrew walked in May, but he wouldn't let me post it anywhere until he defended.

We celebrated with half-price sushi and a really late dinner at our favorite restaurant (we had a gift card), and then today with breakfast with some friends. (No gift card for that, so the spending stops now!)

Yum. Fresh salmon, Florida roll, spider roll and spicy veggie.

Oysters at Snackbar, the only oyster bar with a dinner menu that we love as much as the raw bar menu.

Duck confit croque madame with Parmesan truffle fries.

Eggs Benedict at Honey Bee Bakery.

I promise I'll be on a better blogging schedule soon! I have some big news too that I haven't shared as well: I'm officially a freelance writer. In other words, I'm unemployed in the traditional sense. I had been commuting to my job in Memphis (1 1/2 each way) for the five months since I moved back in with Andrew and it wasn't really working out, so we shall see what the future holds. Right now it looks like it's holding freelance writing and maybe a part-time gig tutoring students. And lots of time spent applying to jobs. Who knows? I do know that thanks to Betty @ Northwest Betty and Jayme at the Simple, Sweet Life, I have a Versatile Blogger award to give out soon! Thanks you two! I'm so excited to get my second-ever blog award!

Now I have to go find something to eat, because just posting this made me hungry! Did I mention I really like to take photos of food?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hubby! That is wonderful news. And the food looks pretty darn good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy Andrew!! And you have to stop posting pictures of such amazing Oxford dishes...I might fly into a jealous rage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Congrats to your hubby! And I'm sure something will work out on the job front...and hopefully will involve less commuting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Andrew! And you too, Lindsey. You're now in what elite percentage of Americans with a master's degree in the household? :)

    I'm just waiting for the adventure to begin. Looks like grad school is on the horizon for S, which means I'll have a lot more time to take my career seriously.

    ReplyDelete